|1.||Anjali Kumari Sinha||M. Lib & Info. Sc., M.A (Sociology, Hindi), LLB, DCA||Librarian & HOD|
|2.||Chandan Kumari||M. Lib . Sc., M.A (Sociology)||Library Assistant|
|3.||Md. Jahangir Alam||MCA, B.Sc(Honours)||Computer Professional|
|4.||Sushma Kumari||M.A (History), M.Lib.SC.||Library Assistant|
|5.||Rekha Kumari||B.Lib.Sc, B.A.Hindi(H), O Level and Library Automation||Library Assistant|
|6.||Manoj Kumar Das||I.A.||Library Attaindent|
|7.||Rocky Hansdak||B.Sc.||Library Assistant|
|9.||Ranjit Kujur||Non Matriculation||Peon|
College Library Rules
Patna Women’s College has a well equipped automated library with competent staff to monitor and guide the students in the use of library facilities.
- Membership is obligatory for all students within 2 months of admission.
- Students will apply for books in the prescribed form by 1 P.M.
- Books from the General library are given on loan daily for a week from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
- Students who fail to return books at the prescribed time will pay a fine of Re. 5/- per day, per book.
- Students will search through computer/catalogue cards of the library to guide them in the choice of books.
- Any book returned in bad condition is liable for payment of binding charge Rs. 50/- per book.
General: Monday – Saturday 09:00 A.M. – 04:00 P.M.
The library remains closed on all Sundays and public holidays.
Code of Conduct
- ID card is a must for all library transactions. ID cards are non-transferable.
- Users are requested to maintain silence in the library.
- College dress-code is applicable while visiting library on all occasions.
- Users should ensure that when browsing through books they replace the book from where it was taken, according
to the arrangement on the shelf. Staff assistance may be taken for replacing the books.
- Users should avoid taking out several volumes of reports, journals and books at a time.
- The library reading area should be used only for reference and consultation of resource materials.
- Use of mobile phone is prohibited.
- Users should fully co-operate with the library staff. In case of any need they should meet the librarian.
- Tearing of pages and scribbling in the library books should be avoided.
- Strict silence will be observed at all times in the library.
- Students are requested to use books with care. They will be held responsible for mishandling.
- Library books are not to be lent by students to anyone in the college or outside the college.
- No magazines or papers of the library will be lent for home use.
- Other library facilities are available for those students who have library cards.
- All library rules and regulations must be strictly followed in the library.
- Persistent defaulters of library rules will have their library service suspended.
Issue of Books
- Users cannot borrow copies of the same book.
- For all first / second / third year students, issue of books stops a week before the filling of their respective annual
examination form . The students have to return the overdue library books and deposit library dues, if any.
|Category||Entitlement||Library||Duration of Borrowing||Penalty for Late Return|
|3 Books||General Library
|3 Books||General Library
|5 Books||General Library
|Faculty Members||5 Books||General Library
- Books must be returned on or before the due dates.
- Where the due date falls on a University holiday, the return period will be considered as extended by one day.
However, users are advised to check the library notice board regularly.
- A book may be renewed once, provided there is no reservation placed on the book. Users may reserve two
different books at a time.
- Reference books are not for issue and are to be referred inside the library.
- Under no circumstances will reference books be issued either for classroom reading/reference or for reading outside the library.
- Photocopying a full book is not permitted inside the library or campus.
- Journals and reports are not for loan.
- To refer/consult the loose parts of journals/reports/magazines or newspapers etc., a requisition in a prescribed form is to be submitted in advance. The user must ensure the safe return of items on the same day.
- Users must take care of the journals/reports taken for photocopying and should ensure their safe return.
The library photocopy service is available from 09:00 A.M. to 04:00 P.M.
The library has institutional membership with following institute libraries. Users may request for access cards and access the libraries.
3.American Centre Library
4.WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature)
5.BNHS (Bombay Natural History Society)
6.CSI (Computer Society of India)